Job Opportunities with Beaverlodge
1 of 2
August 10, 2021
POSITION TITLE: Casual/Part Time Customer Service Representative
REPORTS TO: Recreation Facility Manager
To be successful as a Receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, strong communication skills and team oriented. You should also be able to assist customers in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking, organizational and stress management skills are essential for this position. This role requires working in shifts, so flexibility is a plus. Ultimately, a Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
- Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Answering, screening and forwarding incoming phone calls
- Administrative functions including producing memberships, program registration, processing payments, etc.
- Ensuring everyone entering the facility has a valid pass or is otherwise authorized to enter.
- Overseeing facility rentals including completing appropriate paper work and maintain booking calendars
- Enforcing the rules and regulations of the Recreation Centre to ensure the safety of facility users.
- Assisting at events as required.
- As training and experience permit, assist administrative and recreation staff and other duties as assigned.
- Assist with minor first-aid if required
- Tidy and maintain reception area, ensure cleanliness of rooms and fitness center
- Willing to take on additional training required for the performance of your duties.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Previous office, accounting and customer service experience preferred.
- Computer skills with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, web browsing an asset.
- Current Standard First-aid certification, or willing to take training
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks under tight timelines; use own initiative to plan, organize and establish priorities and work well as a team member.
Resumes will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Submit current resume and cover letter to the Attention of:
Town of Beaverlodge
Beaverlodge, AB T0H 0C0
2 of 2
August 9, 2021
Casual / Part-time Lifeguard 1
Position Title: Lifeguard I
Report to: Aquatics Coordinator/ Parks and Recreation Manager
The Town of Beaverlodge, Recreation Department is looking for energetic and responsible individuals to join our team as Casual/ Part-time Lifeguards I. Under supervision of the Aquatics Coordinator/ Parks and Recreation Manager, you will be ensuring the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies, provide general lifeguarding duties and teaching lessons.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
A minimum 1-year experience as a Lifeguard and Instructor with training in Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Award, National Lifeguard Award, current First Aid Certification- Level C CPR.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skilled in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department.
- Provide high standards
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidates are found.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com with Lifeguard 1 in the subject line or drop off in person at the Recreation Centre.