Cannabis retail sales shall not be located within 100 meters from a private or public school or playground. as per Bylaw 970 Land Use Amendment.
As per Bylaw 971, Smoking and Vaping in Public Places…
4. A person must not smoke or vape tobacco or medical cannabis:
(a) in a public premise, and workplace;
(b) in, or within 5 meters of a:
(i) outdoor skating rink;
(ii) playground or equipment;
(iii) skate park;
(iv) sports field;
(v) walking trails
To which public has access as of right or by express or implied invitation;
(c) within 5 meters of an entrance or exit to a public premise;
(d) nothing in this bylaw shall prohibit a person from smoking in a residence.”
Public consumption of recreational cannabis is banned within the Town of Beaverlodge limits. Residents are only allowed to smoke it on their private property. As per Bylaw 972, Cannabis Consumption Bylaw.
3. A person shall not consume cannabis is any public place.
4. (1) A person who is entitled to possess cannabis pursuant to a medical document issued pursuant to the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations, SOR/2016-230 is bit subject to this Bylaw.
(2) A person referred to in subsection (1) must, on demand of an officer, produce a copy of the person’s medical document.
(3) A person referred to in subsection (1) is subject to the Smoking and Vaping in a Public Place Bylaw 971.”
Questions, comments, or concerns about the Bylaws above? Call 780-354-2201.